The National Partnership for Environmental Technology Education (PETE), is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization that helps facilitate, partnerships with educational institutions, industry, and government. Serving the 50 states, Tribal Nations, U.S. territories, and insular areas, the PETE network includes more than 400 community, tribal, and technical colleges, representing one-third of America’s two year institutions. Business, industry, and governmental agency partnerships are integral to this network.
- Support the development and implementation of quality education and training programs at community and technical colleges
- Increase access by under-represented populations to PETE-supported programs
- Facilitate and promote articulation among educational programs at the high school through postgraduate levels
- Promote the integration of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) into program curricula
- Support the use of sustainable practices and technologies in workforce and economic development and global competitiveness to meet the demands of a greening economy
- Advocate global environmental stewardship and literacy through national and international programs and partnerships in education and training