National PETE DOT Training
3 Conferences for 2017!
DOT Haz Mat Regulations Train-the-Trainer and Awareness Courses
National PETE is pleased to announce that we have been awarded a one-year grant from the Department of Transportation to prepare DOT Haz Mat Transportation Regulations trainers. There are several levels of training to be provided:
- 16-hour DOT Haz Mat Regulations course
- 40-hour Regulations and NESHTA Instructional Technology training
- 2-hour Regs Awareness courses to be offered with CCCHST Refreshers *
Those who enroll in the 16- or 40-hour courses must take an online prerequisite.
Nearly all costs, including travel to training, will be covered by the grant. ($425 towards transportation (air/car), plus overnight accommodations reimbursement at PETE designated hotel and Per Diem for meals.) These expenses will be reimbursed by NPETE. Attendees expected to bring laptops for use in class.
There are 3 conferences throughout the year.
- January 9-13, 2017: The 40-hour course on HazMat Regulations and Instructional Design for 15 CCCHST and NESHTA instructors. Will be held at Indian River State College, Fort Pierce, FL.
- April 24-28, 2017: The 40-hour course on HazMat Regulations and Instructional Design for 15 CCCHST and NESHTA instructors workshop will be held at Cypress Mandala, Inc. Training Center in Oakland, CA.
- May 10-11, 2017: The second 16-hour CCCHST/NESHTA Instructor workshop on DOT HazMat Regulations for 35 instructors is held at The Westin Hotel, Portland, ME.