National Partnership for Environmental Technology Education
National Institute for Environmental Health Sciences Grant
National Institute of Health
Community College Consortium for Health and Safety Training
2024 IBSMART Institute for Spill Response Training
April 24-26, 2024 at Barton County Community College, 100 Continental Drive, Junction City, KS 66441
Contractual Information – “IF SELECTED”
IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANTS: If accepted to this Institute, your application is considered a contractual agreement between you and the National Partnership for Environmental Technology (NPETE).
The application deadline is January 15th, 2024. Candidates will be notified of acceptance/denial by January 31st, 2024.
Participants are prepared through a 2.5-day Intense Train-the-Trainer Program called the IBSMART Institute for Spill Response Training to deliver required certifications for public and private responders and workers including:
- 24-hour Industrial Emergency Spill Response
Participants use CCCHST curriculum to train workers and responders in their local area and report to NPETE the number of courses they provide, for which they are provided a small reimbursement. NPETE reports these numbers to NIEHS. CCCHST members may charge for the courses offered in their local area. Instructors reporting numbers must attend Instructor Refresher training every two years offered either at live conferences or through NPETE StayFreshers via Zoom.
Prerequisites upon Acceptance
- A signed document from your physician stating that you are capable of wearing respiratory protection
- Medical Waiver Form
- Complete the National PETE Waste Site Worker Online Course
- Complete the FEMA IS-100.C: Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100 Course
- Complete the FEMA IS-700.B: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction Course
- Complete NPETE’s Online Spill Response Course