National Partnership for Environmental Technology Education
National Institute for Environmental Health Sciences Grant
National Institute of Health
Community College Consortium for Health and Safety Training
2024 Disaster Site Response for Trainers Institute- January 8-12, 2024
(Download Institute Solicitation)
IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANTS: If accepted to this Institute, your application is considered a contractual agreement between you and the National Partnership for Environmental Technology (NPETE).
The application deadline is November 13, 2023. Candidates will be notified by November 17, 2023.
Participants are prepared through a 5-day program, the Disaster Site Response Virtual Institute for Trainers, to obtain required authorizations for public and private responders and workers. Coursework includes:
- OSHA’s 15-hour Disaster Site Worker
- Hazard Awareness and Communication
- Incident Command System
- This class is NOT an OSHA Disaster Site Worker Train -The -Trainer class
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive an OSHA Disaster Site Worker card. Following training, participants may use Community College Consortium for Health and Safety Training (CCCHST) curriculum to train workers and responders in their local area. They will report to NPETE the number of courses they provide using NPETE’s CCCHST curriculum and/or exercises. NPETE reports these numbers to the National Institute for Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS). Instructors may charge for the courses they offer in their local area. This training does not provide participants the OSHA Disaster Site Worker Train-the-Trainer authorization.
Please gather the following information prior to continuing:
- A biographical sketch that includes training experience
- A copy of your OHSA 10-hour or 30-hour card for either Construction or General Industry
- State the number of courses you anticipate to provide following training through July 1, 2023
- A general idea of the students who will be attending the courses you offer (workers, college students, volunteers, etc.)
- Complete the Institute’s Medical Questionnaire